Friday, August 24, 2012

Smack me for not posting in five weeks.

Well I left the truck somewhere in Ethiopia and flew to Cairo it was unbearably hot and the hotel was not great, in fact awful.
I had some frequent flyer mileage and took a first class ticket home.....yay I enjoyed my trip home and was pleased to see my wee wife Alice again sit in my recliner have hot showers flushing toilets and a nice comfy bed.
Africa was all I expected but sadly not many changes in 30 years....poverty, poverty and more  poverty....
I thank the Lord that I was born where I was born and that I live in the United States of America.
When I got home my daughter Adelle became a citizen and that makes after 23 years in this wonderful country we are all Americans....Grandchildren two of them were born here Aleicyn and Andrew are American by birth....
To all of you that made this trip with me.................................................thanks.

1 comment: