Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jinja the source of the Nile and back to Kampala

After four days in Jinja at Bugolali Falls that are Falls no longer because of a Dam built a few years ago, I made the trip back to Kampala and the day after tomorrow I will meet the truck in Addis Ababa.

Kampala as far as cities go is quite nice and safe, everywhere you go you go on the back of a small motorcycle, it is quite scary as the bikes go where no car dares and there seems to be no rules...I get on close my eyes and pray, or sing "Jesus take the wheel" so far I have been fine I have also learnt the "Pole Pole" means slow slow.

I met a lady who is cycling around the world and she is really interesting if any of you would like to follow her trip you can find her on Facebook Loretta Henderson 333.

There are all sorts of people here volunteering for all sorts of different organizations and being here makes me aware of how many good people there really are in this world.

Yesterday I met a Canadian High School principal who was spending her summer vacation volunteering here in a orphanage.
 I also met an 18 year old who has just graduated from high school and intends studying nursing and she came over here for a month to volunteer also before she starts college.

I am staying at a place here in Kampala called the "Red Chile" where you can camp or rent a basic room with no bathroom and there are hundreds of people from all over the world here.

Again I will attempt to post some pics when I get to a good internet connection,  they are few and far between.

 More from Ethiopia as we head north again next week.

For any of you who may be wondering why I am flying and not on the back of the truck this week I have had 10 weeks on the truck and the roads are getting worse as we head north hence me deciding to fly some of these sections, I will also fly over Sudan and visit Israel while the truck makes its way to Egypt the final country on my trip.

1 comment:

  1. Again WOW! I would love to see a video from your point of view of one of those scary motorcycle rides through the city.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete