Monday, May 30, 2011

Horseshoe Lake Denali May 30, 2011









































We are enjoying the beauty of Alaska and spending quite a bit of time hiking.


They have posted a sign at the place I work that says "Beware Grizzlies have been seen in the immediate area". This makes me very uncomfortable when we are hiking the trails. The last thing I want to be is lunch for a Grizzly Bear.


While I was at work today I saw lots of moose. They are spectacular animals and very protective of their young. I drive into and out of the park many times in an eight hour shift. This makes for good oppurtunities to see the wild animals. I also saw a red fox a few days ago. It was magnificent with a big bushy tail.


Next week we will take a few days off and travel to the Yukon Territories in Canada. We will drive from here to Dawson City and then we will fly to Whitehorse where Robert W. Service wrote much of his poetryThis is one of the things that I have always wanted to do but with these places being so remote it has never been possible. I attach some pics of our Horseshoe Lake hike today.

No comments:

Post a Comment