Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Mountain Hike May 24th, 2011





































We had some free time this morning and decided to do a part of the "Three Lake Hike". The hike is 8 miles long and very scenic. We walked about two miles up the mountain where there is still snow and ice. The wild flowers were beautiful and Alice loved them it was very quiet and more than one time I imagined I was hearing a Bear but no such luck yet.






Yesterday I was fortunate enough to see three Moose while I was working, unfortunately I did not have my camera.




I am attempting to post some pics from this morning's hike....tomorrow we are both off work and will drive into Fairbanks two hours north of here, to do some shopping...everything here is very expensive.....More to follow.....

3 comments: