Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mid May 2016 Killarney Ireland

We had a great cruise once again on the Norweigan Jade we are getting to know the crew nice to see some of them again.
A couple of days in Barcelona and on to Dublin.
We stayed in the suburb of Drumcondra and were lucky to find Fagans Pub Restaurant anyone visiting Dublin should eat there at least once it was fantastic.
Day two we took the coast road up to Drogheda a beautiful drive along the coast.
Day three we did the same thing going south to Wicklow.
A visit to the center of Dublin including Temple Bar is a must,
We drove North to Belfast and Londonderry where we listened to lots of Irish Music in the Pubs I consumed a good few pints of Guinness.
We headed south to Galway where we visited the Cliffs of Mohar then on to Killarney where we are at the moment had some nice Fish and Chips this evening.
Tomorrow on to Dingle then Kinsale and Waterford for two days before we fly to the Baltics for our next adventure. I am going to try to download some pics...soon.

2 comments:

  1. No, not Alaska this year. Had planned on going with my kids, but didn't work out with everyone's busy schedule!! I did go to Hawaii for a month in Feb./Mar with my sister and brother-in-law and had a terrific time...wasn't even on my "bucket list", but would go back in a heartbeat! On my bucket list.....Cuba!!! Got to find someone who wants to go...my sister and brother-in-law want to go, but not this year...they want to travel to Ireland also!! I want to go to Cuba before there's a McDonald's and Starbucks on every corner. You guys keep having a wonderful time...ENJOY!! I love to travel ..... pretty much anywhere!! Hugs to you both!! We need to have a beer together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you.
    We had a nice trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago we did all the islands and loved it, we rented a Harley in Maui and rode through the rainforest it was awesome.
    Cuba is at the top of our Bucket list but we need to wait till it gets a bit less expensive.
    We will be home late June back to the heat which I detest, who knows what the rest of the year will bring. If I have it my way we will do another transatlantic cruise in October from Barcelona back to Tampa we have done three of them already and really enjoy the Sea time...who knows..we shall see. Keep in touch and know you are always welcome to come and see us in Louisiana anytime, especially when it is cold in Michigan...ps there will always be a cold Beer.

    ReplyDelete