Monday, July 2, 2012

Nairobi Kenya, Lake Naivasha and on to Kampala Uganda

We have been doing a lot of driving and have seen lots of highway some good and some awful. In some places, the going was quite rough. Nairobi is an enormous city with not a lot of personality. We were there two days and basically got our washing done and had a few good showers. Nairobi was the first hot water in a month ( We don't know how lucky we are ). We also said goodbye to some of our fellow travelers in Nairobi. This is never easy for me. I hate goodbyes but in the same breath we met some new people. Two from South Africa and two from Australia. The Australian couple, Ben and Steph, are producers for an Australian TV station and they are writing a book about the tribes in Africa. If anyone is interested in this book, when it is published let me know and I will give you their contact details. We then moved to a lake where there were lots of hippos. It was right next to the house that Joy Adamson from "Born free" spent many years.(Those of you that remember Born Free are oldies like me) Then over the mountains to Uganda, a really nice fertile country which looks kind of sub tropical. Again I will post more pics when I have a good connection. These times are few and far between. I have been on the truck for two months now and I am kind of road weary to say the lea. I will leave the truck for a week and meet it in Addis Ababa and then two weeks later I will leave it again and fly over the Sudan and meet the truck in southern Egypt for the last two weeks of the journey. Our group visit the Gorillas in Rwanda next week. I have opted not to do this mostly because of the cost($500 for 1-4 hours). I probably will regret it when I hear their stories when they get back from the trek. I am sure they will show me pics and I will be sure to post some for those of you that are following the trip. Thats all for now more from Rwanda later.

1 comment:

  1. Zac can loan you an extra comfy wheelchair cushion. Just swing by and pick it up. :)

    ReplyDelete