Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BODRUM, TURKEY.....MAY 15-22,2009

Our adventure has moved from the Greek Islands to Bodrum, Turkey. We are in a seaside resort with a view of the Mediterrean Sea from our hotel window. It is magnificantly unbelievable. The weather has been perfect and Drew is as brown as a bean. I am still kind of cafe a latte. That's a pretty good improvement for "ole milky white". I am sure that everyone will be impressed to hear that I actually floated in the Mediterrean. I was pretty impressed that I could float anywhere. Maybe I will have a swimming party for my 60th....what a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!
We visited a Turkish village yesterday and it was really impressive. The village women are employed in a cooperative that makes and sells handmade Turkish carpets and rugs. A small rug has a least 240,000 hand tied double knots . We are having a great time and wish that each of you could share our experience.......more later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all are having a good time. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

    ReplyDelete